Monday, March 21, 2011

Mondays...

After Friday's craziness and all that came along with it.  The kids enjoyed a beautiful warm sunny day.  All of their neighborhood friends were out and about, lots of running and hiding, and fun.   I think that sunny warm day chased away their attitudes and mine too!

On Saturday, we went to visit my best friend from college and their children who are older than mine, which makes for built in babysitters.  The kids all really do enjoy each other's company too, making life a whole lot easier.  Everyone was happy...sweet little children, happy parents, the way my idealistic family looks like!

But unfortunately, Monday comes.  And mom has rules, no TV before school, and a little persistent boy decides he is going to see if he can wear his momma down.  Where did my little idealistic family go?    Oh well, maybe next Monday will go better!  In the meantime, I really want it to be a good week!  Despite this rainy Monday.   I usually plan our menu on Monday and shop for the week.  Those weeks go really well.  So after the kids were safely off to school this is what I have planned for the week....

Monday- Spaghetti with Meatballs

Tuesday- Beef Florentine Pasta with Basil and Cream
       http://picky-palate.com/2008/03/31/beef-florentine-pasta-soup-with-basil/

Wednesday - Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach
       http://recipeshoebox.blogspot.com/2010/03/garlic-chicken-pasta-with-spinach.html

Thursday-   Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup
        http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Rustic-Italian-Tortellini-Soup

Friday-     Leftovers

Saturday-  Prime Rib from Trader Joe's, with grilled veggies and potatoes

Everyone likes when our menu is posted!  This is what it looks like!  I write what I don't have in the house on the side, so I make sure that I have everything I need!


It's going to be a good week, not just because the menu is planned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment